Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children [dvd]

So I picked up the new Final Fantasy movie... Funny thing with me and those games, I don't like playing them that much- too much time spent with menus, and planning out how to spec witch weapon, etc... But I like watching the cinematics, because those are the reward for getting through all the game play parts. haha. I'm substantially oversimplifying here, of course. So, I did play about half of FF7, and I understand why it's such a big deal, so I picked up the DVD, also because Phil was hanging out tonight anyway. Luckily, there was a little refresher on the DVD that recapped the story from the game, because the movie assumes you know most of what's going on. Not that it's terrible if you don't- the flick is beautiful, and the action is great. It's really what "Spirits Within" should have been.
I should get Phil to comment on this, cause he's way more into it than me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent movie. Loaded with enough action and effects to keep anyone who isn't a Final Fantasy Geek entertained, and yet so true to the game that Game Geeks will be playing "Name That Limit Break" throughout. Character development is minimal though so watch the recap story or watch with a friend who has played for the best experience. Rating: 5 out of 5 Buster Swords

Wings said...

It would be a great idea if people would've posted- or if you would've kept up posting. If you start up again, I would gladly join in- with my movie opinions.. because I'm not much good for games and junk.